Easy Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage Cream Cheese Recipe

Stuffed Mushrooms

These sausage stuffed mushrooms are my favorite appetizers—a mushroom cap filled with a delightful mixture and baked until golden brown and sizzling. I could put them in my mouth every day until Kingdom Come, and I never got tired of them. Instead, I would stick with the small/medium-sized mushrooms compared to the huge caps you see in restaurants.

I strongly recommend using the extra hot sausage for this recipe. I added crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne powder. Otherwise, they look a bit tasteless. These are also very tasty, don't get me wrong. I like the comfort of the little ones, and they also hold up a bit better than the big, sticky ones.

I also made some small changes, like drying the mushrooms first. I have found that if the prepared mushrooms reach room temperature before serving, for example, when I serve them at a party, the serving dish gets a bit of liquid on it, and the mushrooms will be damp.

Ingredients

  • 24 oz white button mushrooms
  • Red pepper flakes or cayenne to taste
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ¾ cup grated parmesan
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ⅓ lb spicy pork sausage
  • ½ onion diced
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • ⅓ cup dry white wine

Instructions

  1. Clean or wash the mushrooms in cold water and remove the stems, saving the two parts. Finely chop the stems and set aside.
  2. Fry the sausage and crumble, place on a plate with paper towels to cool.
  3. Fry the onions and garlic in the pan over medium heat for a few minutes.
  4. Pour in the wine to degrease the pan and allow the liquid to evaporate.
  5. Add the chopped mushroom stems and stir to cook 2 minutes until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste and let cool.
  6. Mix the cream cheese, egg yolks and parmesan in a bowl. Add the cooled sausage and mushroom stems.
  7. Cool the mixture until it is cold and firm.
  8. Using a spoon, fill the cavity of each mushroom cap and fill the mound above it.
  9. Bake at 350 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
  10. Let cool for at least 8 minutes before serving. Stuffed mushrooms taste best when they are not hot.

Post a Comment

Previous Recipe Next Recipe